Salvage Crew VolunteersI'm Interested
|Volunteer Position Name / Role:||Salvage Crew Volunteers|
|Date Posted:||Wednesday, August 8, 2018|
|Organization Name:||Habitat For Humanity Wellington Dufferin Guelph|
|Why you might want to consider taking this opportunity:||This opportunity allows experienced individuals to give back to the community by offering valuable skills to our organization. This position truly makes an impact on our ReStore sales and is an opportunity to meet homeowners who also see the importance of providing safe, decent, affordable homes to members of the community.|
|Type of Organization:||Child and Family Service|
|More Info Link:||https://habitatwdg.ca/|
|Volunteer type position is suitable for:||
|Duties / Roles / Activities:||
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Safely and effectively dismantle and remove materials (i.e. kitchen cabinets, aluminum siding) so they can be resold in the ReStore or safely recycled.
- Communicate with donors in a professional and courteous manner.
- Organize and return tools required for the project.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work site at all time.
SKILLS, COMPETENCIES AND EXPERIENCE:
- Understanding of the Habitat for Humanity mission and the desire to promote it.
- Demonstrated carpentry, renovation/repair, and/or skilled trade experience in order to understand the best method to safely dismantle and remove materials so they can be resold in the ReStore would be an asset.
- Having a keen eye and understanding about items that could be salvaged/recycled (i.e. metals) would be an asset.
- An understanding of the safe use of hand and power tools commonly used in renovation projects would be an asset.
- Vulnerable sector police check is required.
- Available during business hours as most projects occur during the work week and occasionally on Saturdays.
- Able to lift a minimum of 40 lbs and possess reasonable agility to do the necessary physical labour.
- Own CSA approved steel toe boots/shoes would be an asset, but can be provided.
Interested volunteers are encouraged to contact Andrea and send a resume to email@example.com
|Dates & Times:||
|Location of Volunteer Activity:||
|Can be used toward '40 Hours' for Highschool Graduation (OSSD):||No|
|Commitment Length / Duration:||Short Term (less than 3 months)|
|Transportation:||Own Transportation Required|
Expired Tuesday, November 26, 2019
|Areas of Interest:||
|Skills / Experience:||Some experience with power tools and renovations is suggested but training will be provided.|