Event Experience Chair - Relay for Life CommitteeI'm Interested
|Volunteer Position Name / Role:||Event Experience Chair - Relay for Life Committee|
|Date Posted:||Friday, November 16, 2018|
|Organization Name:||Canadian Cancer Society|
905-830-0447 x 3856
|Why you might want to consider taking this opportunity:||
• Be a member of a successful team helping to create a world where no one fears cancer.
• Apply your skills and experience to promote Relay For Life in your community.
• Gain leadership experience, public speaking and networking opportunities.
• Have a positive impact in your community.
• Use your creative instincts to create a memorable and meaningful event honoring those effected by cancer in your community.
• Be part of an event that fosters community giving and generosity.
• Get training and learning opportunities to strengthen personal skills.
• Have Fun!
|Type of Organization:||Health-related Service|
|More Info Link:||http://cancer.ca/|
|Volunteer type position is suitable for:||
|Duties / Roles / Activities:||
Role and Responsibility:
• Work collaboratively with your CCS staff partner, Community Engagement Chair and subcommittee to plan and execute all aspects of event day logistics while creating a positive participant experience.
• Prospect and establish new relationships with volunteers, organizations and community groups.
• Source entertainment, speakers and create a site-specific event program. Templates and support will be provided.
• Act as stage manager by keeping the program on time, organizing awards, and confirming guest speakers.
• Work with subcommittee to create and execute event themes and participant recognition strategies.
• Work with Sponsorship Lead and Community Engagement Chair to determine potential GIK items.
• Lead committee meetings together with the Community Engagement Chair and CCS Staff partner.
• Provide weekly updates to committee members and staff partners.
• Serve as an ambassador for the Canadian Cancer Society and Relay For Life.
What is Involved:
By utilizing your personal and professional networks you will work collaboratively with your Canadian Cancer Society staff partner and Relay For Life Community Engagement Chair to plan and execute the event day experience focusing on event logistics.
|Dates & Times:||
|Location of Volunteer Activity:||
|Can be used toward '40 Hours' for Highschool Graduation (OSSD):||No|
|Commitment Length / Duration:||Moderate Term (3 months to 1 year)|
|Transportation:||Own Transportation Required|
|Expires:||Tuesday, April 30, 2019|
|Areas of Interest:||
|Skills / Experience:||
What You Bring to this Position:
You are excited and motivated to support Canadians living with cancer by raising funds and awareness for the Canadian Cancer Society. You have strong communication skills and are comfortable speaking to groups and presenting requests. You are ready to use your organizational skills to help others get engaged with Relay in a meaningful way.