Call for Directors of the BoardI'm Interested
|Volunteer Position Name / Role:||Call for Directors of the Board|
|Date Posted:||Tuesday, January 15, 2019|
|Organization Name:||Orangeville Blues & Jazz Festival|
|Why you might want to consider taking this opportunity:||
Provide strategic direction to the organization;
Contribute to big-picture planning and strategic visioning.
Contribute to the tactical planning and execution of the festival event
Give back to your community
Make great connections;
Get to know and work with lots of wonderful people!
Participate in the democratic process and experience with collaborative decision making
|Type of Organization:||Arts and Culture|
|More Info Link:||http://www.orangevillebluesandjazz.ca|
|Volunteer type position is suitable for:||
|Duties / Roles / Activities:||
The Board of Directors meets from September to June, the second Wednesday of each month at 7:00 pm for approximately two hours at Carters Professional Organization, 211 Broadway, Orangeville
• Directors are to attend all Board meetings or give reasonable due notice to the Board President when unable to attend meetings.
Board members prepare for and contribute to monthly board meetings and seasonal planning meetings
• Each Board member must be on a minimum of one committee;
• Each Board member must attend the Orangeville Blues and Jazz Festival in June
• The officers of the board are nominated and elected at the AGM in January
• Board members act as ambassadors of the festival, drumming up both support and enthusiasm for the festival among community members, patrons, and potential sponsors.
• Board members are to act in accordance with the vision and mission of the Orangeville Blues and Jazz Festival
Writing and submission of proposals for grants and applications
Enlist the community support through festival participation and sponsorship
Attend and participate in monthly board meetings, general meetings, fundraising events.
Lead festival governance or event planning committees
|Dates & Times:||
|Location of Volunteer Activity:||
|Can be used toward '40 Hours' for Highschool Graduation (OSSD):||No|
|Does this opportunity relate to COVID-19:||No|
|Commitment Length / Duration:||Long Term (more than 1 year)|
|Transportation:||Own Transportation Required|
Expired Monday, September 30, 2019
|Areas of Interest:||
|Skills / Experience:||The OBJF Board is currently seeking applicants who have knowledge and skill in, but not limited to, the following areas: Fundraising/Resource Development, Policy Development, Finance, Strategic Planning, Agency Governance,|