Online TutorI'm Interested
|Volunteer Position Name / Role:||Online Tutor|
|Date Posted:||Tuesday, December 22, 2020|
437-886-6227 ext 1
|Why you might want to consider taking this opportunity:||
• Gain practical online tutoring experience
• Develop valuable new skills
• Get credit on your resume for being part of this innovative team
• Know that you are contributing to an important new technology to help learners during the COVID-19 pandemic
|Type of Organization:||Public Service|
|More Info Link:||http://www.studypages.ca|
|Volunteer type position is suitable for:||
|Duties / Roles / Activities:||
Study Pages provides a free platform for everyone to gain and develop new or existing skills. We are first to provide free tutoring, with individualized teaching and resources to learners of any age group.
We are currently seeking online tutors who are interested in helping learners achieve their goals. We are looking for tutors in the following areas in the respective categories:
Children aged 7-12
- Social Studies
- Basic drawing
- Life skills
- Digital skills
Children aged 13-18
Ontario Curriculum subjects taught in school from Grade 7-12
- Money management and basic budgeting
- Soft skills
- Social skills
- Public speaking skills
University subjects for tutoring.
- Soft Skills
- Presentational skills
- Business communication
Adults Aged 30 and above
- English speaking skills
- English reading skills
- Interview skills
- Resume making
- French speaking skills
- Simple digital skills
- Communication skills
- Research skills
- Basic life skills in Canada
To apply visit: https://studypages.ca/volunteer-application/
Duties / Roles / Activities
- Communicating through online live video sessions.
- Developing learners’ skills by reviewing the material used in their class, explaining topics and answering all questions and doubts regarding different topics.
- Helping learners to improve their learning process by assessing, assisting and encouraging them.
- Detecting specific needs of each learner.
- Tutoring supplementary lessons through various resources.
|Sample Tasks:||Virtual tutoring, creating activities|
|Dates & Times:||
|Location of Volunteer Activity:||
|Can be used toward '40 Hours' for Highschool Graduation (OSSD):||No|
|Does this opportunity relate to COVID-19:||Yes|
|Commitment Length / Duration:||Moderate Term (3 months to 1 year)|
|Transportation:||Own Transportation Required|
|Expires:||Monday, February 15, 2021|
|Areas of Interest:||
|Skills / Experience:||
Ideal Candidate would have the following qualification and skills:
- A University, High School, or College degree or retired teachers or professionals depending on the level of education of their learners
- Police background check
- Being able to work well with learners from different backgrounds.
- Having a good sense of humor.
- Being able to reinforce study skills.
- Having good written and verbal communication skills.
- Being able to motivate others.
- Having time management skills.
- Being able to serve as a role model for learners.
- Having leadership skills.
- Being patient.
- Having interpersonal skills.
- Police Reference check