Welcome to the Dufferin Volunteer Matching website!
Volunteer Dufferin builds community participation by connecting the skills and supports of Dufferin residents to all kinds of organizations and groups who need them.
On this site, you will find the tools that will match Dufferin residents with opportunities to make a contribution, close to home. You will find opportunities to volunteer with children, youth, families, seniors, sports, arts and culture organizations, service clubs, conservation, heritage, agricultural and many other groups that work to keep Dufferin a connected, vibrant and healthy community!
We suggest that you build a profile, so that we can communicate with you. It will also help you to search the opportunities available and you will get updates about volunteer opportunities as they come in.
- “Volunteers are the only human beings on the face of the earth who reflect compassion, unselfish caring, patience, and just plain love for one another.”
- "When I volunteered to be a Big Brother, I wasn't sure what to expect, but it's become a strong and lasting relationship for both of us. It isn't hard to keep in contact with someone you care about!"
- Having a volunteer presence in Dufferin with the Volunteer Dufferin website will be a wonderful link for people with ‘a heart to volunteer’ to actually be able to easily connect to those services that need volunteers. ...
- “It gives me a warm feeling and a sense of accomplishment to help people.”
- “Delivered meals for 12 years and the clients warmed my heart. I definitely got more out of this than I put in!!”
- “From 8:30 in the morning to noon I can forget about myself and whatever stresses I may have as I speak to those who courageously face older age.”
- Love the site! It's a stunning tool to support volunteering and our vibrant community!
- "We make a living by what we do, but we make a life by what we give."
- You don't know what you have to give until you get involved. Then you realize you do have something to offer and it's easy to put it out there!
- Volunteer Visiting is a two-way street. The client benefits from having me go into their home for a chit-chat; perhaps a discussion on the news of the day or help solve a problem for them over a cup of coffee or tea...
- As a volunteer for Hospice Dufferin you have the opportunity to meet some of the most amazing people who will inspire you. They can help you realize how precious life is, and how blessed you are to be healthy. They give ...
- "If you think you're too small to make a difference, you haven't been in bed with a mosquito!"
- I had contemplated becoming a Big Sister for quite some time when one day I just decided to go down to their office and find out more about it. ….. It's been just over a year now and both Ayden and I are still really enj...
- When my wife died, I needed something to keep myself busy and active. I think I get more than I give, but I have been a volunteer driver for over 10 years now, and now I'm on the Board. I think it keeps me healthy and ha...
- Never doubt that a small group of committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
- “When the story of these times gets written, we want it to say that we did all we could, and it was more than anyone could have imagined.”
- “...I am in an environment of caring, compassionate people. This reinforces my own humanity and recharges my batteries to deal with the world outside our Torchlight community…..It is definitely an exciting learning and d...
- "We have been delivering meals for many years and get great satisfaction in knowing we are helping others through our voluntary efforts."
- "A good teacher is like a candle - it consumes itself to light the way for others."
- I feel like this friendship was meant to be! Jessica likes to teach me how to cook, and bake. We love painting our nails while listening to music very loudly and dancing. We even like our lazy days too when we watch movi...