Virtual Cancer Support - Childcare VolunteerI'm Interested
|Volunteer Position Name / Role:||Virtual Cancer Support - Childcare Volunteer|
|Date Posted:||Tuesday, May 23, 2023|
4167300025 Ext. 229
|Why you might want to consider taking this opportunity:||Nankind volunteers receive specialized training including grief and bereavement and receive the support of NAN’s Child Life Specialist throughout their volunteering time.|
|Type of Organization:||Child and Family Service|
|More Info Link:||https://nankind.com/volunteer/become-a-volunteer-angel/|
|Volunteer type position is suitable for:||
|Duties / Roles / Activities:||“My attempts to make a positive difference in the lives of mothers and their families, during these difficult times, are intended as a gift to them, but the reality is that I get back as much as I give.”|
How can you help?
- Provide fun, educational, creative, and safe experiences for the children.
- 2 hours of childcare virtual service per week to the same family.
- Minimum six-month commitment to ensure support during the duration of a parent’s cancer treatment and recovery.
|Dates & Times:||
|Location of Volunteer Activity:||
|Can be used toward '40 Hours' for Highschool Graduation (OSSD):||Yes|
|Does this opportunity relate to COVID-19:||No|
|Commitment Length / Duration:||Moderate Term (3 months to 1 year)|
|Transportation:||Own Transportation Required|
|Expires:||Monday, June 12, 2023|
|Areas of Interest:||
|Skills / Experience:||
Please visit to review all the requirements:
- Select: "BE A HOMEWORK ANGEL OR "BE AN ACTIVITY ANGEL and review the requirements.
- Create an MY IMPACT ACCOUNT and submit your application.
Our service areas are The Greater Toronto Area, Hamilton, Kingston, and Barrie.