Visiting Network VolunteerI'm Interested
|Volunteer Position Name / Role:||Visiting Network Volunteer|
|Date Posted:||Monday, October 22, 2018|
|Organization Name:||Hospice Dufferin|
519 942 3313
|Why you might want to consider taking this opportunity:||
It is a great opportunity to meet people in our community.
There is support from both organizations and a monthly team meeting to have support from other volunteers as well.
A great way to give back to the community.
A great learning opportunity from clients and families.
You will make a difference in someone's life!
|Type of Organization:||Health-related Service|
|More Info Link:||http://www.hospicedufferin.com|
|Volunteer type position is suitable for:||
|Duties / Roles / Activities:||
- be matched specifically with a person in the community and will visit 1:1
- volunteers and families will design their visiting schedule
- provide companionship and emotional support through one to one friendly visiting
- attend monthly team meeting for education and peer support
- play games, read books, spend time with clients
- report any questions/concerns to supervisors
- maintain confidentiality of client and family
- activities (games, reading, crafts, puzzles, etc.)
|Dates & Times:||
|Location of Volunteer Activity:||
|Can be used toward '40 Hours' for Highschool Graduation (OSSD):||No|
|Commitment Length / Duration:||Moderate Term (3 months to 1 year)|
|Transportation:||Own Transportation Required|
|Expires:||Tuesday, October 1, 2019|
|Areas of Interest:||
|Skills / Experience:||
All training will be provided by Hospice Dufferin and Alzheimer's Society of Dufferin County.
Applicants must be interested in working with people.
Experience with Alzheimer's Disease or other dementias an asset, but not mandatory.